640S Insertion Mass Flow Meter
Accurate monitoring of peak, low flow and total gas mass flow rates is a critical part of many industrial process control systems. If you need a portable analog or digital air flow meter that easily inserts into industrial ducts and pipes (up to 72 inches), choose Sierra Instruments Steel-Mass Model 640S.
Sierra, a leader among global flow measurement and control equipment manufacturers and suppliers, recommends its Steel-Mass air volume flow meter for compressed air flow, aeration basin air flow, combustion air flow, natural gas fuel flow, custody transfer and stack gas emissions flow monitoring.
Customize Your Steel-Mass Air Flow Meter
Steel-Mass Model 640S can be customized for your air velocity and intake applications with:
- Larger probe lengths.
- High temperature option (750 degrees F).
- Self-cleaning purge option for dirty flow environments.
- Wide range of process connections (including hot tap).
- Multipoint flow averaging arrays for very large ducts, complete with a self-contained human-machine interface (HMI) panel for touch-screen field programming and system operation.
Steel-Mass inline air flow meters also feature Sierra's unique Smart Electronics Package for field rangeability, flow-range adjustment and validation and diagnostics. With very low pressure drops and wide turndowns, these products are hazardous-area approved by CSA and CRN (Canada); FM (USA); ATEX, CE and PED (EU); IEC Ex (Australia); GOST R (Russian Federation); and Chinese Pattern Approval (China). Meter accuracy is +/- 1% of reading, plus +/-0.5% of full scale with repeatability of +/- 0.2% of full scale.
Steel-Mass Air Flow Meters are GHG Certified
As a certified greenhouse gas (GHG) air flow meter, the Steel-Mass:
- Meets all requirements defined by the EPA (40 CFR Part 98).
- Is optimized for highly accurate and repeatable mass flow meters for methane (CH4) as well as N20, SF6, HFCs, PFCs and CO2, per the EPA mandate.
Steel-Mass is also a popular choice for landfill gas (LFG) measurement applications. LFG – a very humid, dirty gas that leaves the landfill at low pressure (20 - 40 mBarg) and about 40-60°C (100F) – makes differential pressure (DP) devices like orifice plates unsuitable, while variable flows require a large turndown. Sierra’s Model 640S Insertion Mass Flow Meter is ideal for LFG, as it offers 100:1 turndown, has no moving parts and generates nominal pressure drop across the immersible sensor probe.
- Family Brochure
- Technical datasheet
- Instruction Manual
- Smart Interface Software For Windows® 95+
- Application Datsheet